Sunday, March 11, 2012

Quilt show 2012 Manassas


19th century quilts for sale hand sewn 

This past weekend I had the pleasure of attending the Manassas Quilt show with my mom and partner Keith Stanley. They had about 200 on display including a few antiques along with numerous booths of shops selling fabric and all things used in today's quilting. I came home with a sack of hard to get William Morris and Civil War era reproduction fabrics. Very exciting new materials to begin working into my current and future projects.
I took about 50 photos and I have loaded them in a set called Quilt Show 2012 on my flickr.com page you can see here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/woodcut55/sets/72157629197225804/
Mean while I am working on new books that I am binding and printing digital prints for my shows this spring while I continue to draw something new each morning.
These sketches are from the last two mornings!
narcissus in black ceramic vase 3-10-12

hyacinth in blue ceramic vase 3-11-12

No comments: