Monday, December 17, 2012

flowers at home

winter's early morning sunlight rakes across the flowers 

 This past week or two there have been some flowers in the house, just left overs and a few tulips that I picked up at Whole Foods last week for Keith to use to make an arrangement. Wednesday evening I went to dinner with my pal Dan Murray to a lovely restaurant and talking with him about his winter break time and his plans for drawing and painting projects got me thinking. Maybe it was time to end my break and sketch some of the flowers by my desk. I have to say it felt good to have something to share and a memory on paper. Maybe I don't have to draw them everyday.
first day's sketch was freely laid down using just fountain pen and color very loose

second day with pencil before pen/ink plus color tends to be more accurate or tight