Friday, March 15, 2013

Quilt show plus garden

Billed as a show with over 200 quilts on display in the Prince William County Fair grounds buildings. It was again an exciting show but I am sure there are bigger shows which I hope to see later this year. Considering there were only two guilds organizing and running the show it is impressive. This  is inspiring to see so many projects of quilting. I have a big collection of photos I posted on my flickr.com pages in a set called Manassas Quilt Show 2013   .





The warm air is bringing out the flowers of spring. I can't believe it is here, nights are still cold but the flowers must be getting warm as the days have been sunny. 





2 comments:

Jessie said...

The crocus photos are so lovely! Makes me want to dust off my paints. We will have to meet up for the summer quilt shows- and there is one in Baltimore in May!

Frederick Nunley said...

Thanks Jessie, I thought of your photos when I saw what I had captured with the crocus photo and how fun it would be to work up a quilting design based on that orange stamen and the hues of violet to purple with a touch of dark green.....