Sunday, October 13, 2013

Blue Diamonds spread out

One of my readers asked to see the entire Blue Diamonds quilt spread out. I am still trying to find a solution to photographing my big quilts. I want to take pictures like artworks are presented, in a straight forward way but in the mean time here are a few lawn shots I took of it last week while visiting in Manassas. For the full quilt story see the previous post here: http://orangeexplainsitall.blogspot.com/2013/10/blue-diamonds-quilt.html


The backing is all white on white print with the three colors of yarn quilting 



2 comments:

Linda F. said...

I'm not sure what the answer is to really getting a good picture of a big quilt. But these pictures look great and I definitely feel as though I see the total design. Thanks Frederick!

Frederick Nunley said...

Thanks Linda! I guess this will do for the time being.
Next time I need to get a lawn spread out shot of the original inspiration quilt, great grand mother made.