Wednesday, April 30, 2014

This week in pictures

My latest quilt is getting near complete with a multicolored binding and bright orange-red hand quilting. I have been trying to get out and enjoy the flowers but our weather has fluctuated a lot this year. Cold one day like today with rain and blindingly bright sunshine and pollen levels through the roof the next. Crazy weather is the new normal. Still with my new camera in tow I took a walk around Brookland and went to National Gallery of Art to see Doug Kingsbury and the wisteria in bloom as well as some art. It's good to get out of the house this time of year not nearly as difficult as it was earlier during that snowy winter season but the pollen makes my eyes itch and water when I go outside. Here are a few things I have seen on my excursions recently. 
purple and orange quilt project 

 Brookland gardens seen from the curb on a weekend walk





Wisteria under gray skies and a little spring shower then a favorite painting at National Gallery of Art.




"Take Your Choice" still life of books by Peto an American art treasure. 
Rain today in Turkey Thicket and the play grounds are flooded the squirrel was on the branch by my second story window eating breakfast this morning. 



Finally a picture of some pretty flowers Keith gave me this week in my favorite color!

No comments: