Friday, May 8, 2009

sketches





Sketching in a book I made that fits in my pants pocket is a habit I pick up and lay down... recently while house sitting I was working on some sketches in my little book that has laid around for months neglected. I wanted to share some of these sketches here. I don't care how good or bad they are just that I get something on the page. It is more a meditation on what is near by than a serious illustration. Line drawing with an ink pen means you have to commit to the line you put down there is no erasure possible. I am really out of practice doing these line drawings but each time you draw you have to start from the beginning all over again and learn your way through the process of translating what you see before you. 
The sun returned to Washington DC today! What a surprise to see shadows under green leafed out trees again.
Nine days of clouds rain and cooler than normal temperatures seems like weeks. It is OK considering we needed some rain to refill the ground water table and avoid an impending drought from the lack of rain and snow this past winter. 

No comments: