Friday, October 24, 2008

helping at home



new drape


Last week I took off for a few days with Mom and we got all my wash and folding done. Then got to work on hanging the drapes we bought a few weeks back. The hard part was hanging the curtain pole, or rather the part that I was not looking forward to was hanging the pole. It turned out to be easy easy easy... so I don't know what all the fuss was but some chores just invoke fear or anxiety about doing them correctly. I got the curtain pole up and hung the curtains and now that part matches the dinning room curtains and they are lined with two layers to keep out the cold and the unwanted direct light of sun rise and later afternoon sun that can over heat the house in summer although it does help warm it in winter. Pictures are not decorator magazine quality but we were happy to have the chore done. It looks nice for a change. I can't remember how long it has been since we had it looking this way. I was also happy to see the little red rose is blooming in the yard trying to beat the first frost that will slow it down for the rest of this year. 

No comments: