Thursday, October 9, 2008

the newest books

books 1



Lavender blue, hot pink, grass green and soft gray are a few of the colors in my newest handmade coptic bound books. Last night at the BAWA poetry reading of curses, rants and revenge of the poet a great theme for poemsI was telling my poet friend and young neighbor Dan  Vera     about my newest book and the colors I chose to use.  It is always fun to select the textures prints and colors: lavender-blue two tone taffeta cover cloth, navy blue and purple print end pages,  hot pink fly pages and a softer pink spine paper instead of beads. These are all pulled together with a dark blue bee's waxed linen thread. I soon found I had quite a pretty little hip pocket sized book.  I am waiting for some poet to take one of the smallest books 2"x3" to write a poem in for a rare, one of a kind, book. Meanwhile I wanted to show the book selection is growing each day. These will all be available at the Light in October show I am doing on Saturday Oct. 18th. 12-8:00 PM in Arlington, Virginia. 


No comments: